Buying Diamonds – Few Important Things you need to know
Are you planning to buy a diamond ring? Is this the first time, you will be buying one? Have no idea as to how you to select the best one? Well, buying diamonds can be a bit tricky, as there are so many different aspects which needs to be taken care of. Diamonds are expensive; hence, it is absolutely essential for you to ensure that you have made the right selection.
One major dilemma people go through while buying diamonds is a choice between Lab grown diamonds vs mined diamonds. It needs to be mentioned in this regard that both these two category of diamonds are considered to be “real” ones, as the posses all the features and properties of a diamond. As a matter of fact, going for a lab made diamond can be a smart choice, as they are more budget friendly as opposed to the mined ones.
As mentioned, it can be quite confusing buying a diamond for the first time. In the following section, you will be offered a brief insight into a couple of tips, which you might find to be useful
Things to Consider while Buying a Diamond
In order to make the best choice and not feel like being lost and confused; there are a couple of important aspects which you need to take into consideration while buying a diamond. Here are some of them
- Set your Budget: It is very important for you to set your budget before hand. There are different variations available in the market, when it comes to diamonds. They are available in a wide range of different price; irrespective of their make and how they are produced. There are some which are highly expensive, while there are many other budget friendly options are also available. So, it is important for you to make sure that you have set your budget well in advance. Going through the internet to get an idea about the various options available can be a good idea.
- Certification: It is very important for you to ensure that you have checked on the certification of the diamond. There are a couple of factors which determine the value of a diamond; which include its natural rarity, finish, gemmological makeup and others. An authorized certification would come as an assurance that the one which you have selected is of the best quality. So what are the certifications you need to look for? Here are some of them
- SGL or Solitaire Gemmological Laboratories Ltd
- GIA or Gemmological Institute of America
- IGI or International Gemmological Institute
These are the two major areas which you need to look into while buying diamonds. As far as your budget is concerned, you can work on it and opt for the one, which suits you best. However, for certification, you cannot afford to take it lightly. In order to ensure that you got the best of qualities; make sure that you have double checked the quality certification of the diamond.